Throughout Victoria’s history, rail transport has been a symbol of connection, expansion and progress. Today, rail in Victoria still serves as an important link allowing Victoria to effectively and efficiently export and import bulk commodities around Australia and overseas and allowing passengers to travel with ease.
The Victorian rail network is expansive, covering the majority of the western, southern and northern parts of the state and linking suburb to city, farmland to coast and bulk export products to international ports.
- V Line - Providing public transport for Victorians
- Regional Rail Link is a major new rail line that will provide extra trains across Melbourne and country Victoria
- Information on Intermodal Terminals
- An overview of the Regional Rail Freight Network Program
Publications & Reports
- Information on the Victorian Rail Access Regime
- A Melbourne-Adelaide Corridor Study
- A North-South Corridor Strategy
- Rail Freight in Victoria - Industry Issues Paper