Australia boasts the largest trucks in the world. They are necessary for negotiating our vast land efficiently and economically.
Trucks provide us access to the goods we demand as consumers, playing a critical part in the lifestyle we enjoy in Australia. Even when goods have been transported by rail,sea or air, trucks still play a vital part in the supply chain by transporting these goods to and from railheads and ports. In fact, almost everything we buy or sell has been on a truck.
- Moving Freight (VIC) from the Department of Transport and Main Roads. Transport and Main Roads is planning for this growing challenge with Moving Freight, a 10-year strategy which identifies 38 actions to improve freight movement in Queensland.
- Heavy Vehicle Safety ‘Arrive Alive’ campaign
- Trucks & Heavy Vehicle Safety information
- The 2010-2011 National Heavy Vehicle Safety & Productivity Program
- Victorian Heavy Vehicle speed Compliance information
- Victorian Freight Network Strategy
Publications & Reports
- A report on The Safety Needs of Heavy Vehicles in Australia
- A printable poster displaying Mass Limits for Trucks in Victoria
- Victorian Rest Area Strategy
- A workforce Strategy for Road Freight Drivers
- Next Generation Trial to Keep Freight Moving. Discussed in Annual Report 2011/12
Contacts and Organisations
Links as per Regulations Page
Links as per Statistics Page