Regulations & Legislation
General WA Transport Regulations
- Dangerous Goods Safety Acts and regulations information covers the safe storage, handling and transport of dangerous goods and for related purposes.
- WA Department of Transport Acts, Regulations, Codes and Rules Page Find out what driver and vehicle licensing related legislation is administered by the Department
WA Road Regulations
- Owner-Drivers Act and Code of Conduct Frequently Asked Questions from the WA Department of Transport
- Compliance and Enforcement Legislation Information Covers Chain of Responsibility, Penalties and Enforcement Powers
- How to get a Heavy Vehicle Driver’s Licence Information for those that want to drive a vehicle over 4.5 tonnes in WA
- Managing Driver Fatigue for Commercial Drivers The purpose of this code of practice is to provide practical guidance to industry on requirements in occupational safety and health regulations for driving commercial vehicles
- Heavy Vehicle Safety Guidance Materials and Standards related to heavy vehicles in Western Australia, including safe load restraints, speed limiting, safe use of semi-trailers, compliance inspections, and where to obtain a National Driver Work Diary.
WA Rail Regulations
- WA Office of Rail Safety: is the business unit within the WA Department of Transport responsible for administering rail safety in Western Australia
- Rail Safety Amendment Regulations 2013 These regulations amend the Rail Safety Regulations 2011
- Australian Code for the Transport of Explosives by Road and Rail This code has been prepared by the Australian Forum ofExplosives Regulators (AFER) and was endorsed by the Workplace Relations Minister's Council in April 2009.
WA Maritime Regulations
- WA Mariine Act 1982 from the Australasian Legal Information Institute
- Commercial Vessel Safety Find out about your responsibilities for the safety of your commercial vessels.
- Quarantine Requirements for Coastal Cargo into Western Australia Quarantine WA monitors the importation of Quarantine Risk Items in order to maintain freedom from many of the pests, diseases and weeds present elsewhere in Australia.
- WA Boating Safety Campaigns Find out about the recreational boating safety campaigns run by the Department of Transport.
- Marine Pilot Licence Information Find out about marine pilot licences, including how to qualify, how to apply, when they expire, and how to get an exemption.
WA Aviation Regulations
- Aviation Safety & Training The WA Transport Department is the key Western Australian Government coordinating and advisory body on aviation related matters.
- Western Australian legislation - Transport Co-ordination Act 1966 From the State Law Publisher
- Western Australian legislation - WA Transport Co-ordination Regulations 1985 with information on date passed and download options
- Regulated Air Cargo Agent Security Training Framework (RACA STF) The RACA STF is a competency-based scheme for air cargo security training and assessment that aims to ensure RACA personnel are competent in all aspects of security necessary for the safe passage of air cargo.